*I’ve kind of slacked off the blog this week. And, you know, sometimes that’s just the way it is. Family comes first. Fun comes first. Writing an actual blog post doesn’t take longer than 45 minutes for me, but keeping up with comments, emails, and everything else does take up a lot of time. And I just haven’t felt much like opening that door this week. It’s the ebb and flow of blogging, and the fun comes and goes.
I’m linking up today with Darci and the other girls for Five on Friday to share some things I’m loving and just some other fun things I want to share on this Friday!
1. I am absolutely loving this T-Rex wedding party photo that went viral. Todd and I saw it on the Today Show yesterday morning and just laughed and laughed! (We’re big Jurassic Park fans.) I just love the looks on everyone’s faces! It must have been so much fun to do this.
(photos by Baton Rouge photographer, Quinn Miller)
2. We are Knoxville-bound today. We’re hitting the road for Tennessee later this morning and heading to the wedding of one of Todd’s good friends from law school. We’re bringing Hudson and Hayes with us, and I’m just so excited to have a little weekend out of town. And super excited to see some good friends and a beautiful wedding.
3. We went to the zoo twice this week with friends. We’re trying to make the most of the cooler (80-degree) mornings and get to the zoo before it gets too hot. We met Emily and Jack there on Tuesday, and then met John, Dolan, and Emma there on Wednesday. The big kids got ICEEs. A Coke ICEE was my favorite thing in the world when I was a kid.
We are so ready to be getting to the pool every afternoon. Next week, that’s our plan!
4. I’ve been such a Pure Barre slacker this summer. I used to go to a class that met at 9:30, right after I dropped the boys off at preschool for the morning on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. But the early morning class is at 6:00 a.m., and I’d have to wake up at 5:00. And I just don’t see that happening. But, goodness knows I need to tone, burn, and lift! It’s swimsuit season, friends! I’m trying to work out a couple of mornings and one evening that I can get back to Pure Barre.
5. The house has outside walls! And we chose our roof shingle color! Progress, people! Our expected move-in date is October 1. We moved into Nana’s house on November 18, so that’s pretty good progress.
We still don’t have stairs in the house, so I haven’t been up to the second floor to see the kids’ rooms and the kids’ den/playroom. But I’m so excited to get up there!
We have plenty of furniture and don’t plan to buy brand new everything. I like the things we have and we plan to use them in the new house. But we will have a screened-in porch with fireplace right off the kitchen, and I’ve been pinning away looking for outdoor furniture ideas.
I want it to be a super comfortable, relaxing space we can use year-round. Wish a swing, an outdoor sofa, an ottoman, a TV (for SEC football!), and gas lights! It make take a while to acquire all the furniture to make the space what I dream of.