1. I haven’t really talked about how we’re adjusting since the move. Things at Nana’s are going well. I think it has been a really big change for her to have a family of four (and our two dogs) move in with her. The boys are doing great and love being at Nana’s house. Todd’s parents are also right down the street, so we’re seeing a lot of family, and we all love it! The boys absolutely love their grandparents, and the second they walk in the room, everyone’s mood lifts.
2. While Hudson loves being at Nana’s house, he still asks about his house and his room quite a bit. We try our best to explain why we don’t go there anymore, but I think it will just take time for him. I think all the changes are tough on him, but we’re giving him lots of TLC.
3. This weekend is our church’s performances of the Singing Christmas Tree. I’m in the choir, so I’m in the tree. It is so much fun, and I hope that if you’re in the Columbia, South Carolina area this weekend, you’ll come to the Singing Christmas Tree. (You can get free tickets at www.christmasatshandon.com)
4. Hudson had his little Christmas pageant at school this week, and it was just the sweetest thing. He did great for about two songs- singing along and doing all the hand motions. And then it was like he realized that everyone was looking at him, and then he kept trying to cover up his face because he was embarrassed. The program was so sweet, and I’ve loved getting to hear him sing all the songs in the car.
Hudson is on the back row, grinning from ear to ear because he was so happy to see his grandparents!
5. We haven’t really been house-hunting lately, just because we’re so busy with the Christmas season- performances, parties, etc.- but we know we’ll find the right home one of these days!
6. I still don’t have Christmas cards printed. I fully intend to do them, but right now I’m waiting on pictures. We have a tree up in Nana’s house, but we haven’t decorated it yet. We’re just kind of sorting through all the boxes and trying to find the energy to get it decorated. We’ll do it before Christmas Eve!
7. We went to the zoo this week with our friends Emily and Jack. After the zoo, we went to Chick-fil-A and the boys had milkshakes. Yum!
I hope you all have a fantastic, relaxing weekend! We’re doing Singing Christmas Tree performances and spending a lot of time playing outside!