I realized that I haven’t really updated on what all we’re up to, so I thought I may just do a post each weekend to fill in the details of that week for my memory-keeping purposes. And in case any of you want to know what we’re up to, here it is!
- I had a Holiday Market meeting on Tuesday night, and we organized all of our new decorations for this year. Oh my goodness, I’m so excited about the decorations committee and the fun decorations for this year!
- We all went to church as a family on Wednesday night. In the past, I have just taken the kids with me and Todd meets us there later. But we’ve started meeting at church on Wednesday nights for supper as a family and then we all move on to our respective “programs.” This is something I did as a child and I’m really excited about having my whole family there on Wednesday nights for AWANA, Bible study, choir rehearsal, etc.
- Hudson has started AWANA at church on Wednesday nights. He has already memorized his first Bible verse and he’s so excited about it! (“all…. he had made… was very good.”) Genesis 1:31
- Our choir has already started rehearsing our Christmas music for our Singing Christmas Tree. I can’t believe it’s already that time of year, but it’s so exciting to be working on the music!
- Hudson is staying after school twice a week for karate and J.A.M. (jump and move). His favorite thing about getting to do this is that he gets to bring his lunch. He thinks he is so cool because he has a lunch box! It’s really the cutest thing!
- I started my new Bible study this week. It’s a community Bible study full of over 150 women from all denominations. Our commonality is that we all believe in the Word of God and its truths. I’m so excited about getting to know the women in my small group, and spending Thursday mornings with these women as we fellowship and learn together.
- On the way to school on Friday morning, Hudson threw up in the car. Having throw up in a car seat is really just horrible. But poor Hudson was so confused. One minute he was singing a song and the next minute he was sick. I rushed him back home, and luckily Todd was still there to grab Hudson and get him cleaned up while I took Hayes to school. Hayes was at school until noon, and Hudson and I just sat and played and watched movies for three hours. It has been so long since I’ve had a few hours with just Hudson. It was wonderful. I’m sorry he was sick, but I’m so thankful that we had that sweet time together.
- Shark Tank and Dateline are back with new episodes! Our Friday night ritual can resume. We are so happy!
- Last weekend, I went to Charlotte to co-host a baby shower for the beautiful Rachel and her baby girl on the way. It was so fun to host with Katie, Ashley, and Michelle and to get to see other Charlotte bloggers. I was just going to share a handful of pictures from the baby shower.
Rachel had this adorable print on her Pinterest inspiration board for her nursery, so the hostesses and I thought it would be a great jumping off point for her baby shower inspiration.
The talented mamas at Sweet Birdie’s Nest helped us create a beautiful invitation and all the fun cupcake toppers, banners, party circles, etc. I loved how the orange, pink and grey all came together.
Then Holly created these cookies based on the Etsy print and the whole look we were going for. I have never tasted such delicious iced cookies that were just as beautiful as they are tasty! Holly is the best! These cookies were truly little masterpieces. Adorable, delicious little works of art! Holly is amazing! (You can look at more of Holly’s cookies at Doughmestic Housewife.)