I’ve been a little M.I.A. this week, but just wanted to let you know what some of our weekly highlights were.
1. Hudson and I are feeling better. Yay. No ear infections. His congestion is nearly gone. Mine, on the other hand, is taking a while to completely disappear, but I feel fine.
2. Hudson is really enjoying food. This week we introduced squash and bananas. He’s still not so sure about the bananas, but is loving the squash. Next week we’ll start green beans. Oh boy!
3. I took a ton of clothes to our local upscale consignment shop yesterday and I’m hopeful that I’ll get some money back. I realized that there were quite a few classic items that I hadn’t worn in years and they weren’t doing me any good just sitting in my closet. Most of them don’t fit anymore– too big and too small (yes, I’ve fluctuated a lot over the past 7 years). So fingers crossed for some cash back!
4. I forgot to add a Garmin to my birthday wish list. I had been holding off on asking for one because we plan to get a new vehicle sometime soon and a GPS may be a feature that comes with the car. But it’s looking like the new vehicle won’t come for a few more months, so that Garmin may be a necessity sooner than later.
5. Have I told y’all about my awesome day planner? A couple of my favorite tweeters and I were discussing the MomAgenda this morning. I’m certainly not the first blogger to rave about this, but I just love it. There is seriously a place to write everything– and lots of space to do it in. Each day has its own page and there is even space to write your kids’ appointments and activities. If you’re not a mom, they have the MyAgenda which is equally awesome. I had a MyAgenda before I became a mom.
6. I think this is pretty. Don’t you agree? This gorgeous pink and peach Greenwich wedding was featured on Style Me Pretty last week, and I haven’t been able to get it out of my mind. The stir sticks and the big bowl of peaches are my favorite part. So simple and so gorgeous.
7. It’s been a crazy week in the blogosphere and a lot of my favorite writers have had a rough time. I think the biggest thing to remember is that we all write our blogs for us. Not because of what someone wants us to write about and not to impress readers or haters. If blogging makes you happy and you were happy with the way you’ve always been doing it, then keep it up. For me, it’s a way to keep up with my family and track our lives, but also a place for me to vent frustrations, however significant or insignificant they may be. It is also a place that I visit every day with the guaranteed promise that I’m going to interact with some of my greatest friends. And if it’s weird or strange for your blog friends to become real life friends that’s fine. I’m okay with being weird if it means I get so many great new friends out of it.
I hope you all have a great weekend. We’re planning to drive up and look at some gorgeous scenery in North Carolina this weekend. Nope– no football. Should be a great weekend!